NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES – March 26, 2020 – Quibi and The Dodo, the most-engaged with media brand in the world on social [source: Tubular, December 2019] and no. 1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [source: Nielsen DCR, Nov 2019], announced today the format for their new original daily series, “ALL THE FEELS.” This new series will offer irresistible, unique stories about animals that provide different emotional content experiences tailored to what people need on each day of the week. The Dodo’s partnership will give Quibi an exclusive window of their highly popular animal content. The Dodo will serve as the anchor animal brand for Quibi’s Daily Essentials, a curated slate of news, entertainment, and inspirational programming, giving viewers everything they need to know -- and why it matters.
"With so much negativity out there, ‘ALL THE FEELS’ offers a kind of emotional antidote -- a positive, uplifting content experience audiences can find relief in,” said The Dodo’s Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Izzie Lerer. “Animals have a unique ability to create joy and inspiration, and we’re thrilled Quibi tapped us to help tell stories that satisfy what viewers are craving as they navigate their week.”
“ALL THE FEELS” programming includes:
- “Motivation Monday” - Determined, inspiring and ADORABLE animals will help get your week started -- like a wobbly little lamb who couldn't walk who taught herself to run, or a 40-pound cat who lost half his weight.
- “Ugly Cry Tuesday” - Watch stories like a lioness reunite with her lost baby after they were separated for days...Just try to watch these epic stories without happy tears streaming down your face.
- “Happy Hump Day” - From a tiny, fuzzy donkey who steals his mom's pillows to a goat who can only fall asleep when she's wearing her pajamas, this is a guaranteed break from the craziness of the week.
- “WTF Thursday” - Time to get weird. Meet a hairless cat who controls his human family while crouching on top of the fridge or watch a weirdly beautiful time lapse of a tiny brown pod transforming into a hot pink moth.
- “Feel Good Friday” - These stories capture the magic in the everyday. From a cat who falls in love with the neighbor’s kitten she's been eyeing from the window, and the mailman who finds the perfect home for a stray dog on his route, you won't be able to stop talking about these stories all weekend.
The Dodo tapped their internal platform analytics to determine the weekday ebb and flow of audience emotions based on reactions to content including surprise, love and laughter. They found that, for example, videos of weird animals or animals doing unusual things outperformed on Thursdays, eliciting +20% more "wow" emoji reactions. The team then designed content themes, like “WTF Thursday,” for example, to inspire audiences with exactly what they need each day of the week. The series will kick-off with “Motivation Monday,” in which determined, inspiring and ADORABLE animals will help get your week started.
Quibi launches on April 6. Sign-up for Quibi news and updates at www.Quibi.com to learn more about our limited time 90-day free trial offer that starts April 6.
WATCH "ALL THE FEELS" TRAILER HERE.
About The Dodo:
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular, December 2019]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media — the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019].
Quibi is a mobile-first media technology platform bringing together the best of Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Quibi is the first entertainment platform built for easy, on-the-go mobile viewing, allowing today’s leading studios and creative talent to tell original stories in an entirely new way. For more information visit www.quibi.com. Follow Quibi on Facebook @QuibiUS and on Twitter @Quibi.